The Director of Finance is responsible to the Chief Executive Officer for prudent financial management of the Board. She/he will be part of a Corporate Management Team of the Water Board in formulating and implementing short, medium and long term strategic plans.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The key duties and responsibilities for the Director of Finance are many and varied and include, amongst others, the following: –
- Providing strategic financial leadership to the Board to ensure that it achieves its objectives.
- Supervising all aspects of the Board’s financial management and accounting functions.
- Preparing final accounts and reports timely and presenting to the Board in liaison with the Chief Executive Officer.
- Implementing a system of accounting and financial controls that comply with Public Finance management policies and standards and financial regulations.
- Taking lead of consolidating the Board’s budgets and forecasts
- Monitoring and controlling expenditure patterns of the Board.
- Maintaining good working relationship with Board partners, clients, employees and Banks in the course of Business dealings.
- Advising and interpreting company plans, policies, regulations related to finances, administration and conditions of service.
- Establishing, Reviewing and ensuring maintenance of sound management systems, including ensuring adherence to established rules, policies, and regulations on finance and administration matters.
- Monitoring cash and bank balances.
- Ensuring adequate and effective financial controls are prepared and implemented.
- Working closely with staff of the Board to ensure good practice in areas of finance and administration
- Negotiating with financial institutions within and outside the country in order to facilitate financing of purchases.
- Engaging internal and external auditors to conduct audits as and when they are due.
- Participating in the recruitment, induction, performance appraisal, career management and other personnel administration for staff under charge.
- Ensuring a close working relationships with any external auditors that may be appointed to prepare opinions, assist them access data and information required for effective and efficient audit in order to produce audit reports in time.
- Producing monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports on the performance of the department for management information and decision making.
- Supervising staff under charge to ensure that the department provides an acceptable level of financial, administration and management services support to core functions of the Board.
- Attending meetings to represent the interests of the Board and answering queries on financial matters.
- Identifying capacity development needs of the department and staff and facilitate access to relevant and appropriate training and development programs in line with the career development path of the Board.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy and must be fully qualified with ACCA, CIMA, or ACA plus at least eight (8) years’ post graduate experience at a senior management position level. Those with Masters in Accounting/ Finance/ Commerce/ Business Administration will have an added advantage. Candidates should be customer focused, goal driven, action oriented, innovative, a self-starter and team player.