The Director of Infrastructure Development is responsible to the Chief Executive Officer to take charge of the Board’s infrastructure project planning and implementation for continuous business growth and expansion of water supply coverage. She/he will be part of a Corporate Management Team of the Water Board in formulating and implementing short, medium and long term strategic plans.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The key duties and responsibilities for the Director of Infrastructure Development are many and varied and include, amongst others, the following: –
- Preparing infrastructure development plans (short-, medium- and long term) for the Board;
- Developing, reviewing and executing projects in accordance to Board’s procurement plans and in conformity to procurement guidelines from the Office of Public Procurement and Project Financiers;
- Overseeing preparation of infrastructure development project proposals for submission to potential financiers;
- Ensuring the development of water infrastructure and timely maintenance of water infrastructure systems;
- Overseeing the conduct of feasibility studies, preparation of designs, and execution of works for infrastructure projects;
- Setting up and directing teams for infrastructure development
- Identifying and managing risks pertaining to the various stages of infrastructure development;
- Designing, implementing and reviewing project monitoring and evaluation system;
- Reviewing and certifying claims from suppliers, contractors and consultants
- Producing a consolidated Infrastructure Development Report for the Department.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Must possess at least a Bachelors’ Degree in Civil or Water Engineering plus a Master’s Degree in Civil or Water Engineering. He/she must be registered with Malawi Board of Engineers or the relevant professional body. Possession of at least eight (8) years’ experience in water supply, sanitation services and infrastructural development at senior managerial position in a reputable organisation is a must. Candidates should be customer focused, goal driven, action oriented, innovative, a self-starter and team player.