CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position of Chief Executive Officer for Southern Region Water Board, tenable at its office in Zomba.
The Chief Executive Officer is responsible to the Board of Directors for efficient and effective operation and profitability of the Board and is expected to provide overall strategic direction and advice in the technical, commercial, administrative functions and in general management of the Water Board and its resources. She/he will head a Corporate Management Team of the Water Board in formulating and implementing short, medium and long term strategic plans.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The principal accountabilities and responsibilities for the CEO are many and varied which include, amongst others, the following: –
- Ensuring proper coordination for the expansion of production and distribution infrastructure to meet increased customer base
- Formulating, developing and recommending for Board’s approval of policies, plans, strategies and budgets
- Providing leadership for improved water system development, pumping, treatment, supply to customers, revenue management, and overall performance and progress towards achievement of set objectives.
- Providing general oversight of Southern Region Water Board’s activities to ensure that it functions smoothly and efficiently.
- Ensuring that customer base is expanding in line with Government Policy as set from time to time and ensuring that supply infrastructure is extended to accommodate increased customer base projections.
- Directing and guiding all the Departments of Southern Region Water Board in the preparation of corporate strategic and business plans following the Southern Region Water Board’s vision and mission in line with Government policies.
- Identifying organization structure changes and staff skill requirements and putting in place required management systems and processes to manage the motivation of staff.
- Participating in various meetings related to water industry to represent the interests of the Board and/or Government as required.
- Ensuring that Southern Region Water Board operates a proper and efficient accounting system and maintains books of account and other records to reflect true and fair financial position of the Company and in conformity with generally acceptable financial standards which include timely preparation of the budget plans in line with the Public Finance Management Act of the Laws of Malawi.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Must possess at least any first degree plus a post-graduate qualification at Master’s degree level in Engineering, General Management/ Strategic Management/ Business Administration from reputable institutions. He/She must be registered with a relevant professional body. Candidates should also have at least ten (10) years’ post-qualification experience at senior executive position or corporate management position in a busy utility organization. Candidates with experience in the water sector will have an added advantage.
The ideal candidate for the position must:
- A proven track record of managing a large utility organisation of commercial enterprise in areas of service delivery, project management, financial accounting and human resources management.
- Be customer focused, goal driven, action oriented, innovative, a self-starter and team player.
- Be mature and judicious person with extensive managerial experience.
- Have a strong business acumen and entrepreneurial attitude.
- Be able to work to agreed performance targets and to move the Board towards a commercial orientation.
APPOINTMENT AND REMUNERATION
The successful candidate shall be offered a negotiable performance related contract for a period of three (3) years, with an attractive salary, benefits and gratuity packages commensurate with seniority of the position and qualifications of the candidate.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
The interested candidates should submit their applications together with detailed Curriculum Vitae and names of three traceable referees by 30th June, 2021 to:
The Comptroller of Statutory Corporations
P. O. Box 30061
The applications must be clearly marked “Application for the position of Chief Executive Officer for Southern Region Water Board”
Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged and invited for interviews